DMI and it’s mission workers believe in this Statement of Faith.
- God has shown Himself to people through the Bible in the Old and New Testaments. The Bible is the true word of God, and comes from God.
- The statements of the Apostles’ and Nicene Creeds.
- We believe in:
- One eternal God in three persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ–fully God and fully man, His virgin birth, His death, His resur- rection, His ascension to heaven, His prayers for us, His reign as King and His return in power and glory as judge of all people.
- God loves every person and wants to save the world.
- All people have sinned because of the fall, and people are under God’s judgement.
- Jesus Christ has saved us from the power of sin through His death on the Cross. We are saved through faith in Jesus alone. In Him we have become sons and daughters of God the Father.
- The Holy Spirit works in believers’ lives to change and give them power for ministry.
- The Holy Spirit unites all true believers in the Church, the body of Christ.
- The Bible is trustworthy and has authority in Christian faith and living.
The local and worldwide Church, the body of Christ, is held together and grows in Him. We should obey the commission of Christ and the command of Christ.
- The commission of Christ is to tell the Good News to all people, making them disciples, and teaching them to obey Him.
- The command of Christ includes loving people, serving the Church and society, and helping people to have a right relationship with God and other people.
Jesus said, “I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me” (Matthew 25:40 NIV)